[Trilinos-Users] Anasazi performance test

Sunghwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 23:58:02 MDT 2013

Dear all,

I need to diagonalize huge matrix and I check the performance of some of
solver. Test matrix is symmetric and real. The result said that Anasazi is
much worse than ARPACK. (The details in attached file)

In small matrix, the performance of ARPACK and ANASAZI is not that different
but in big system, the performance of ANASAZI become terrible. About 10
times more than ARPACK even though iteration number of ANASAZI is much
smaller than ARPACK

After I have seen this results, I have determined not to use ANASAZI but the
document that I saw accidentally in
http://www.sandia.gov/~rblehou/anasazi-toms.pdf said that ANASAZI has almost
same performance with ARPACK. Thus, I strongly doubt whether I used library
wrongly or not.

I attached my diagonalize class. Would you check if I used library wrongly
or not

Another suspect is compile stuff. Do you have any performance test codes?
And if you have any tips for compile, please let me know..

Sunghwan Choi