[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] stk::io: write out element--process association

Littlewood, David John djlittl at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 2 10:55:16 MDT 2013

Nico,

Just to follow up on what Greg said, all you need to do is run

epu -p <num_proc> -add_processor_id <output_base_name>

where <num_proc> is the number of processors over which the output files are distributed and <output_base_name> is the base name of your exodus output files.  (In your example below, it's "output".)

Then load output.e into Paraview and the processor number will be available as an element variable.

If you build the seacas package within Trilinos, epu will be in the bin directory.

Dave