[Trilinos-Users] trouble anasazi with mkl

SungHwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:32:11 MST 2013

Hi ,
I have problem on anasazi. my anasazi

    Epetra_CrsMatrix* kinetic_matrix ;
    kinetic_matrix=new Epetra_CrsMatrix(Copy,Map,0);

    Teuchos::RCP< Anasazi::BasicEigenproblem<double,MV,OP> > MyProblem =
Teuchos::rcp( new Anasazi::BasicEigenproblem<double,MV,OP>(matrix, ivec) );
    bool ierr = MyProblem->setProblem();
    cout << ierr <<endl;
    MyProblem->setNEV( 5 );
    MyProblem->setHermitian(true);
    int verb = Anasazi::Warnings + Anasazi::Errors+ Anasazi::FinalSummary +
Anasazi::TimingDetails;
    // Create the parameter list for the eigensolver
    Teuchos::ParameterList MyPL;
    MyPL.set( "Verbosity", verb );
    MyPL.set( "Which", "SM" );
    MyPL.set( "Block Size", 8 );
    MyPL.set( "Num Blocks", 10 );
    MyPL.set( "Maximum Restarts", 100 );
    MyPL.set( "Convergence Tolerance", 1.0e-8 );
    // Create the Block Krylov Schur solver
    // This takes as inputs the eigenvalue problem and the solver parameters
    Anasazi::BlockKrylovSchurSolMgr<double,MV,OP>
MyBlockKrylovSchur(MyProblem, MyPL );
    // Solve the eigenvalue problem, and save the return code
    Anasazi::ReturnType solverreturn = MyBlockKrylovSchur.solve();
    // Check return code of the solver: Unconverged, Failed, or OK
    switch (solverreturn) {
        // UNCONVERGED
        case Anasazi::Unconverged:
            if (verbose){
                cout << "Anasazi::BlockKrylovSchur::solve() did not
converge!" << endl;
            }
            #ifdef HAVE_MPI
                MPI_Finalize();
            #endif
            return ;
            break;
        // CONVERGED
        case Anasazi::Converged:
            if (verbose){
                cout << "Anasazi::BlockKrylovSchur::solve() converged!" <<
endl;
            }
            break;
    }
    // Get eigensolution struct
    Anasazi::Eigensolution<double, Epetra_MultiVector> sol =
MyProblem->getSolution();

and I compiled with -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_core -lmkl_sequential. I hope
this will going well but I got error message as below

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
  what():  /usr/local/include/AnasaziBlockKrylovSchurSolMgr.hpp:266:
Throw number = 1
Throw test that evaluated to true: !_problem->isProblemSet()
Problem not set.

coud you give a piece of advice?

Sunghwan Choi