[Trilinos-Users] is there Epetra_Outerproduct?

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 26 08:14:08 MST 2013

In this case, unless there is a specific external reason to form the explicit matrix, the best way to use this operator is to apply it implicitly:

If your operator is C = A X B' (using your notation below) and you want to compute the vector y = C x, where x is a known vector, you would apply:

  1.  alpha = dot(B,x)
  2.  y = alpha * A

Also, since C is rank 1 (each column of C is a scalar multiple of the first column), I am guessing you are combining C with some other operator.  In any case, you would implement the operator using Epetra_Operator.

Mike