[Trilinos-Users] question about trilinos 10.6.4 compilation

Bartlett, Roscoe A. bartlettra at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 4 09:13:08 MST 2013

Elaine,

These configure tests are just interrogating your system.  In most cases, the software configures itself to deal with the results of the configure test output.  Nothing to worry about.  However, it looks like your BLAS is not functioning as expected but that is no bug deal if you don't need float or complex<> and most people don't.  If all the Teuchos and Epetra tests passed for double precision BLAS, then your build and installation should be fine.  To see this, you should turn tests on:

   -D Trilinos_ENABLE_TESTS=ON

If you are worried about a configuration problem with Trilinos, you should always enable, build, and run the tests for the related packages.  However, note that just because some tests fail does not necessarily mean that the core library software is not working correctly.  Sometimes the tests can be hard to make pass in a strong way on many different platforms so you might see a few test failures when the libraries work well for your usage.

What compiler and platform is this?  What version of CMake is this?  Can you attach you full configure output?

-Ross

Dr. Roscoe A. Bartlett, PhD
Oak Ridge National Laboratories
Trilinos Software Engineering Technologies and Integration Lead
CASL Virtual Reactor Software Engineering Lead