[Trilinos-Users] Complex sparse matrix vector product focusing on load balancing

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Wed Dec 11 07:26:05 MST 2013

Zifan,

One approach to consider with Epetra is to split the complex vectors into real and imaginary parts.  Essentially you would have an Epetra multivector with two columns, the first being the real coefficients and the second being the imaginary coefficients.

Since your matrix is real-valued, there is no mixing of real and imaginary parts of x  when computing y, so computing y = Ax is just a sparse matrix multiply with two right-hand-sides.

Epetra does support this operation.

I think this approach would be more effective than trying to use complex arithmetic, because your matrix has no imaginary component.

Does this help?

Mike