[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_Map

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Mon Dec 9 10:02:23 MST 2013

Both of your points are well taken.  The relationship between block and
non-block entities in Epetra has turned out to be cumbersome.  Tpetra does
this differently (as a result of the lessons learned from Epetra).  In
Tpetra, "block-ness" is a decoration to a map object, so the
specialization relationship between Epetra_Map and Epetra_BlockMap is no
longer present.  The issues you are running into should be gone with
Tpetra.

Mike