[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_Map

Bertagna, Luca lbertag at emory.edu
Fri Dec 6 17:19:01 MST 2013

Hello,

I've been using the epetra package for a while, but I still don't understand what's the point of Epetra_Map. I understand it's a map where the element size is equal to 1, but I don't get why Epetra_CrsMatrix uses it when Epetra_CrsGraph does not. Calling the method FillComplete in CrsMatrix is always a pain, cause I need to cast the BlockMap of the graph into a Map. I guess my question is, if the underlying graph does not use Epetra_Map but uses Epetra_BlockMap instead, why can't Epetra_CrsMatrix just use Epetra_BlockMap as well?

Thanks

Luca Bertagna
Math&CS, Emory University, Atlanta
www.mathcs.emory.edu/~lbertag