[Trilinos-Users] problem when trying to use HIPS

Riccardo Rossi rrossi at cimne.upc.edu
Fri Aug 30 11:19:53 MDT 2013

Dear Mike,
             actually i haven't done any wrapping ... as i understand HIPS
interface is included with trilinos ifpack since release 10.10

for example a quick googling gives this within your doxygen documentation

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/docs/r10.10/packages/ifpack/browser/doc/html/test_2HIPS_2cxx__main_8cpp.html

i am attempting  using it exactly as one of the ifpack preconditioners...
the failure seems to happen as soon as the trilinos calls the hips lib,
however the hips appears to be correctly compiled since it passes its own
tests.

if you have a look at the file i attach i am using the aztec factory to
construct the preconditioner as if it was a standard ILU or ILUT one (which
do work)

i don't think any of the tests checks for correctness of this, but i may
well be wrong. Do you have any clue on who may have contributed the
interface?

thanks in advance
Riccardo