[Trilinos-Users] problem when trying to use HIPS

Riccardo Rossi rrossi at cimne.upc.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:33:47 MDT 2013

Dear List,

       i am getting a segfault with no apparent reason when trying to use
HIPS
through AztecOO

i attach the makefile.inc used in compiling hips

the configure i use for the trilinos

the file that i use to attempt using the solver...

my system is ubuntu 12.04 and i use OpenMPI

i use our own python wrappers to trilinos, the settings are given as

aztec_parameters = ParameterList()
aztec_parameters.set("AZ_solver", "AZ_gmres")
aztec_parameters.set("AZ_kspace", 100)
aztec_parameters.set("AZ_output", 1)

preconditioner_type = "HIPS"
preconditioner_parameters = ParameterList()
preconditioner_parameters.set("hips: id",0);
#preconditioner_parameters.set("hips: strategy",1) ---> note that i set
this in the C++ code!!

overlap_level = 0
nit_max = 300
tol = 1e-6

solver.structure_linear_solver = AztecSolver(aztec_parameters,
preconditioner_type, preconditioner_parameters, tol, nit_max, overlap_level)
#so

any hint on what i may be doing wrong will be very welcome (i am convinced
i miss a fundamental parameter but the failure provides no info at all...)

thanks in advance

Riccardo

--

Dr. Riccardo Rossi, Civil Engineer

Member of Kratos Team

International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering - CIMNE
Campus Norte, Edificio C1

c/ Gran Capitán s/n

08034 Barcelona, España

Tel:        (+34) 93 401 56 96