[Trilinos-Users] Matrix-vector product

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Wed Aug 21 08:03:28 MDT 2013

If I understand your question, you should be able to accomplish this by passing in the map of the replicated x and b vectors to fillComplete.  Then the apply operator will not do an import from off-processor (since it has all values of x) but it will do an export of b (assuming the matrix is distributed) so that the values of b are correct.

Generally speaking, these approaches tend to be suboptimal, but not always.

Mike