[Trilinos-Users] OpenMp on Epetra

Ramsey, James J CIV (US) james.j.ramsey14.civ at mail.mil
Thu Apr 11 09:48:27 MDT 2013

Hi,
I found the description that told Epetra can support OpenMp from trilinos11 version, in somewhere in the web;;
The following sentence is what I found in the web.

OpenMP support for Epetra. Epetra is the original and still dominant collection of data classes for Trilinos. Epetra can be compiled with OpenMP support enabled. Turning this option on will enable
 threaded computation of sparse matrix multiplication, and all vector and multivector computations. It includes support for NUMA data placement. Sparse triangular solves are presently NOT threaded.

But I couldn’t find any example code and I had no idea how to set it.

Look at http://trilinos.sandia.gov/Trilinos11CMakeQuickstart.txt

I think that all you need to do is add "-D Trilinos_ENABLE_OpenMP:BOOL=ON" to your CMake command line when configuring, and Epetra will use OpenMP behind the scenes.