[Trilinos-Users] trace of CrsMatrix

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Sat Apr 6 11:30:52 MDT 2013

The following function will compute the matrix trace of any Epetra_RowMatrix (including Epetra_CrsMatrix):

double MatrixTrace(const Epetra_RowMatrix & A) {

    Epetra_Vector diagA(A.RowMatrixRowMap());
    A.ExtractDiagonalCopy(diagA);
    double localTrace = 0.0, globalTrace = 0.0;
    for (int i=0; i<A.NumMyRows(); i++) localTrace += diagA[i];
    A.RowMatrixRowMap().Comm().SumAll(&localTrace, &globalTrace, 1);

  return globalTrace;

}

Mike