[Trilinos-Users] CMake-GUI <CONFIG>_POSTFIX variable

Tommy Binford tbinford at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:27:16 MDT 2013

Ok.  Trying again.

I'd like to put a 'd' at the end of the project target names when I
compile with debug settings (amesosd.lib).  I'm using the CMake-GUI.
According to CMake documentation:

"There is also a <CONFIG>_OUTPUT_NAME that can set the output name on
a per-configuration basis. <CONFIG>_POSTFIX sets a postfix for the
real name of the target when it is built under the configuration named
by <CONFIG> (in upper-case, such as "DEBUG_POSTFIX"). The value of
this property is initialized when the target is created to the value
of the variable CMAKE_<CONFIG>_POSTFIX (except for executable targets
because earlier CMake versions which did not use this variable for
executables)."

Based on that, I should be able to set <CONFIG>_POSTFIX (where CONFIG
is DEBUG or RELEASE, for instance).  When I configure and generate the
MSVS 2010 project CMake warns that "DEBUG_POSTFIX" and
"RELEASE_POSTFIX" were not used used by the project.  The warning in
context is:

***
Finished configuring Trilinos!

Configuring done
Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    DEBUG_POSTFIX
    RELEASE_POSTFIX
***

How can I do this through CMake-GUI?  Perhaps I'm just using the
variable incorrectly.

Best,
Tommy Binford