[Trilinos-Users] Compile problem Visual Studio 2010 and 11.0

Einar Sørheim einar at ife.no
Wed Oct 24 03:27:10 MDT 2012

I have now changed to the public git-version of trilinos and it compiles without problems when only using epetra and packages supported by epetra, however enabling e.g muelu which needs xpetra, I still get errors.
Have also switched to Intels C compiler as it gives better error messages, currently I now get the following error compiling xpetra:

23>D:/Programming/publicTrilinos/packages/teuchos/src/Teuchos_OrdinalTraits.hpp(77): error : name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
23>      static inline T notDefined() { return T::this_type_is_missing_a_specialization(); }
23>                                            ^
23>            detected during:
23>              instantiation of "T Teuchos::UndefinedOrdinalTraits<T>::notDefined() [with T=size_t={unsigned __int64}]" at line 87
23>              instantiation of "T Teuchos::OrdinalTraits<T>::zero() [with T=size_t={unsigned __int64}]" at line 117 of "..\..\..\..\packages\xpetra\src\Map\Xpetra_EpetraMap.cpp"
23>
I get a number of these errors also in muleu and thyraepetra.
Regards
Einar