[Trilinos-Users] Interfacing fftw and trilinos

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 28 14:57:06 MST 2012

Romain,

If I understand your situation correctly, you will want to write an
adapter for the pure virtual class Epetra_Operator, which is used by all
Trilinos linear solvers to apply the linear operator.  A reasonable
starting point for such a class is in
Trilinos/packages/AztecOO/src/AztecOO_Operator.[h|cpp].

Depending on the details of what you are doing you may need to reverse the
roles of Apply() and ApplyInverse() from what AztecOO_Operator does. You
will implement Apply() or ApplyInverse() using the FFT library and you
will indicate that the other is not implemented.  AztecOO_Operator
implements ApplyInverse() and specifies that Apply() is not implemented.
In fact you should be able to use AztecOO_Operator::Apply() basically
as-is for one of your own methods.

I hope this helps.

Mike