[Trilinos-Users] NOX Undefined Reference linking issues with gcc 4.1.2

Sean C McDuffee scmcduff at blueskystudios.com
Thu May 24 12:14:20 MDT 2012

Hey Everybody,

I get tons of undefined reference to typeinfo ... type linking errors
when using NOX with gcc 4.1.2 that aren't present when compiling with
gcc 4.5.1.  I've quickly looked at the NOX source for say
NOX::Abstract::Vector to see if the abstract base classes had undefined
non-pure virtual functions but everything looked good.  I've tried
explicitly including some of the abstract base class headers but to no
avail.  Anybody know what the issue is exactly?  How I can fix it to
compile under 4.1.2?  What is different between 4.5.1 and 4.1.2 that
lets that link?

Thanks
Sean