[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: PGI: Fortran/C++ incompatibility

Salinger, Andrew agsalin at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 30 08:46:34 MDT 2012

Nico,

I'm on a project the links a Fortran code to
Trilinos with PGI compilers. I remember being
stuck early on because neither compiler worked
as a linker without some error. With C++ linker,
there was an error about Fortran not having a
main(), which with gcc compilers is fixed by
-lgfortranbegin.  On this machine, I found a
f90main.o file that I add to the link line
(with pgCC compiler as the linker) and that
worked.

It is installed in the same pgi lib directory
as libpgf90.a. I have no idea if this is
standard, but you can look there.

Maybe there is a cleaner solution, but this
worked.
Andy