[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Trilinos question

Thornquist, Heidi K hkthorn at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 25 04:11:05 MDT 2012

Hi Cesar,

There are several examples in Anasazi that show how to solve the generalized eigenvalue problem depending on whether your problem is symmetric (positive definite) or non-symmetric when K and M are Epetra_CrsMatrix objects.  You can find them in the anasazi/epetra/example/<solver_type> directories.  Any file with "Gen" in its name is an example that solves a generalized eigenvalue.  Regarding an example that constructs an eigenvalue problem with  Epetra_FECrsMatrix objects, we do not have that.  You can look in at Epetra to find examples on how to construct matrices of this type.  However, since an Epetra_FECrsMatrix is also an Epetra_Object, any of the aforementioned examples will work for those objects.

Anasazi does not provide an interface to ARPACK.  The files in the anasazi/test/ARPACKExamples directory were used to perform a comparison of Anasazi's block Krylov-Schur algorithm with ARPACK, which was published in the ACM TOMS paper:

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1527286.1527287

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Heidi