[Trilinos-Users] change Visual Studio target names and locations during Trilinos configuration

Tommy Binford tbinford at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:15:11 MDT 2012

I use MS Visual Studio 2010 to build Trilinos packages.  The CMake GUI
and configuration has been very helpful.

Since I'm using Trilinos packages as TPLs in a larger software
project, I'd like to change the default output directories for
different build configurations during the configuration process.  I
believe CMake builds the individual Visual Studio projects.  I'd like
to change those settings so the project builds to "home\myuserid\out",
for instance.  I'd also like to change the name of the target to
TRILINOS_PACKAGE32d.lib for 32-bit debug and TRILINOS_PACKAGE64 for
64-bit release builds.

I'm looking for two things:
1. Change the output directory for Visual Studio projects;
2. Add a suffix to the target name based on the build configuration.

My friend and colleague Denis Ridzal pointed me to the framework list.
 I hope one of you can steer me in the right direction.

Best,
Tommy Binford