[Trilinos-Users] CUDA/CUSP inconsistencies in package kokkos/tpetra

KESTENER Pierre pierre.kestener at cea.fr
Sat Jan 14 15:00:33 MST 2012

Hello,

using the latest source tree (10.8.5), I am not able to build the full CUDA/Thrust/CUSP support.
I found several inconsistencies which prevent tpetra from building (due to errors in kokkos's CUSP TPL):

- in file packages/kokkos/LinAlg/Kokkos_DefaultKernels.hpp
line 9, there is a typo in header 's name:
 Kokkos_CUSPSparseOps.hpp should be replaced by Kokkos_CuspSparseOps.hpp

- file packages/kokkos/LinAlg/Kokkos_CuspSparseOps.hpp tries to include TPL header
cusp/device/detail/spmv.h; but this header DOES NOT exist in CUSP !

Have these issues been fixed in a devel source tree ?
Thanks for your help.

BTW, have someone considered using possible alternative to CUSP for GPU computing ? Maybe MGPU sparse library : in web page http://www.moderngpu.com/sparse/mgpusparse.html there is a performance plot which shows that MGPU can be significantly better than CUSP.

Pierre Kestener.