[Trilinos-Users] Compiling on Mac OS X

Einar Otnes eotnes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:13:33 MST 2012

Dear Experts,
I have installed trilinos 10.8.5 on Mac OS X Lion apparently successfully getting the test programs (ctest) to run.
I have used the BLAS/LAPACK libraries which are provided from Apple. The way I included the BLAS and LAPACK libraries in the configuration file is a given below:

          -D TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH="-framework Accelerate"
          -D TPL_LAPACK_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH="-framework Accelerate"

This seems to work OK.

My problem is that when I include the "Makefile.export.Trilinos" into the makefile for my ow implemented codes the Trilinos variable
"Trilinos_TPL_LIBRARIES = -l-framework Accelerate -l-framework Accelerate /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib /usr/local/lib/libtbb.dylib"
which makes my linking to fail due to the "-l-framework Accelerate". How can I fix this? Do I need to edit the Makefile.export.Trilinos file manually and remove the "-l"? Or is there a better way to fix this, i.e. setting the proper options when configuring the trilinos installation?

Thanks,
Einar Otnes