[Trilinos-Users] Rythmos problem: getStepStatus()

Cristiano Malossi cristiano.malossi at epfl.ch
Wed Jan 11 07:22:13 MST 2012

Hello,

I have a question about Rythmos. In particular, I am using the Implicit
BDF stepper, that integrates DAEs with a variable step size. The solver
apparently works, however I cannot access the derivative of the
solution, that I need.

On line 487 of the file Rythmos_ImplicitBDFStepper_def.hpp it is written:

   stepStatus.solutionDot = Teuchos::null; // This is *not* free!

where it is not clear to me what the comment means.
On the top of the method there is another comment:

   // 2007/08/24: rabartl: We agreed that getStepStatus() would be free
   // so I have commented out removed all code that is not free

In the documentation it is written that the code is a re-implementation
of LLNL Sundials IDA library, that should be free. Could you please give
me some information about this issue? It is possible to fix this method
or have a patch to make it working?

Note that the same problem appears with the Implicit Runge-Kutta method.

Thank you.
Best regards,

     Cristiano Malossi

--
        Cristiano Malossi
        Ph.D. Student

        EPFL - SB - SMA - MATHICSE
        CMCS - Modelling and Scientific Computing
        Office MA C2 577, Av.Piccard, Station 8.
        CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
        Ph.    : +41 21 69 32733
        E-mail : cristiano.malossi at epfl.ch