[Trilinos-Users] MOOCHO - Epetra::ModelEvaluator

Sean C McDuffee scmcduff at blueskystudios.com
Mon Feb 13 07:50:22 MST 2012

Hey Everybody,

I'm interested in using MOOCHO to solve a constrained optimization
problem and it seems like subclassing an EpetraExt::ModelEvaluator
object is the best way to describe my non-linear program(?).  I've been
looking at the EpetraModelEval4DOpt example trying to figure out how to
use it.  My question is what is W?  In the code it looks like it's the
Jacobian with respect to the state variables but I would've thought it
would be the Hessian of the Lagrangian?

I'm trying to minimize the sum of squared forces where the state
variables (dofs) are held fixed and we're solving for a parameter vector
p.  I can compute the gradient wrt p and the Hessian of the objective
function wrt p.  There are inequality constraints on the parameters and
that's it.

Cheers,
Sean