[Trilinos-Users] Using my own matrix format with

Karol Gruchany karol.gruchany at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 01:32:28 MST 2012

Hello

My friend and I are going to perform a lot of high performance computations
on sparse matrices. Due to specifity of the matrices (the majority of them
are steady-state matrices), there is possibility to store them in very
compressed form. My friend wrote a class for storing all of the matrix in
compressed form in memory and performing some simple operations on the
matrix. AFAIK, most of popular iterative solvers use very simple operations
(like multiplication matrix by vector) and here is my questions: is there a
possibility to implement our class with elementary operators overloaded (or
just simple methods) to some of Trilinos project package and use it by
iterative solvers? Or maybe instead of bringing a whole class, just provide
a methods or functions which does low-level operations?

Best regards,

Karol