[Trilinos-Users] Mesh creating with given point cloud

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 05:49:24 MST 2012

Hello,
          I need some info/help with the following task.
I am thinking of using mesquite.
Is it possible to create a mesh with given points inside a 2D or 3D
boundary? the mesh can have extra points, but it must have the points I
give as input. If you have any idea about this can i meet you some time? or
point me to functions that i may use.

I am trying to mesh a volume/surface for atomistic simulations, I need to
have mesh vertices at the atom locations. I will be solving Poisson
equation with input as charge at the atom locations, and charge is
calculated with input as voltage at the atom locations.  I want to avoid
interpolation between data on coarse FEM mesh  and atom locations.

Let me know if you need more info to understand what i am asking.

Thanks
Reddy

Dharmendar Reddy Palle
Graduate Student