[Trilinos-Users] Static condensation

Erik Boman egboman at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 13 10:25:07 MDT 2012

Jesse,

Just to expand on Mike's answer: The Amesos/MUMPS interface is scalable
but we do not currently support the explicit computation of the Schur
complement through MUMPS (or any other direct solver). You can compute
the Schur complement yourself in Epetra (using the factored top left
block from Amesos/MUMPS) but it will be a bit less efficient.

Regards,
Erik