[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos-mkl coupling, info.

Natarajan Cs csnataraj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:59:04 MDT 2012

Hello All,
            I recently came across a rather odd error which I thought I
should report. I have a project that uses trilinos and base mkl.
I noticed that when trilinos is compiled with 64-bit mkl (with ilp
support), my project would spew out errors during some convolution routines
(done with mkl). Trilinos itself was fine, but the mkl portion of my
project went sour. The errors weren't also easy to trace back to compiling
trilinos with 64-bit mkl. (The error I received was "bad stride"). Once I
recompile trilinos with 32-bit mkl everything was golden again. Luckily I
had done this mistake once before and could trace back to the source to the
error.

My situation is probably uncommon but thought I should put it out there, in
case someone runs into a similar issue.

Cheers,
C.S.N