[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] blocked problems

Phipps, Eric T etphipp at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 3 12:59:53 MDT 2012

Hi Nico,

If possible you are better off using Thyra for this.  Thyra has much
better support for blocked operators and vectors with little memory
overhead.  You CAN use EpetraExt's block vectors for this (which is what I
use in Stokhos) but it is a pain because Epetra_Vector's don't have a
clone method.  Hence your input and output vectors for your blocked
Apply() are not necessarily block vectors themselves (but are map
equivalent to blocked vectors) and thus you have to create a view of them
as blocked vectors to get access to the blocks.  If you want to do this in
your model evaluator too, it gets even more messy to go back and forth
between the blocked and non-blocked interfaces.

-Eric