[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Trouble building Trilinos with CLAPACK

Perschbacher, Brent M bmpersc at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 12 13:34:37 MDT 2012

Chris,
  if you are able to compile all the packages you want to use with an llvm
based compiler then you should be fine. The primary reason why I cautioned
against it is that we know that there are several commonly used packages
that do have errors with llvm and I didn't want you to end up stuck on those
kinds of issues. For the most part if a package builds with llvm it also
appears to function correctly so you should be in a good to go until you
need more packages. Hopefully by then though we will have a new release that
works with llvm though.

Brent