[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Shadow number reference

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 9 11:20:53 MDT 2012

Rhys,

The first public forum for my discussion of "Float With Shadow Double" and
the general concept of shadowing was at the 2009 SIAM CSE meeting.  The
first ever forum was a project review for the Institute for Advanced
Architectures and Algorithms in December 2008 in Santa Fe, NM.

The CSE09 talk description is in the abstracts
(http://www.siam.org/meetings/cse09/CSE09abstracts.pdf).  The title info
is:

		Software Design Issues for Scalable Multicore Computers
Michael A. Heroux and Christopher G. Baker, Sandia National Laboratories
SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering
Miami, FL, March 2-6, 2009

I have not published these ideas, but have spoken about them in other
venues.  I am unaware of previous work, but have not done an exhaustive
literature search either.

If you find related work (especially earlier work), I would appreciate
knowing about it.

If you have further questions or comments, please let me know.

If you are interested in the FloatShadowDouble data type that is
compatible with Trilinos, please let me know.  I haven't used it in a
while, so it might need some modification.

I hope this helps.

Mike