[Trilinos-Users] Fwd: SerialDenseSolver for std::complex<double>

Holger Brandsmeier holger.brandsmeier at sam.math.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 8 11:14:29 MDT 2012

Dear list,

does SerialDenseSolver work for std::complex<double>? If I try to
compile it I get the following error:

In instantiation of member function 'Teuchos::SerialDenseSolver<int,
 std::complex<double> >::applyRefinement'

Teuchos_SerialDenseSolver.hpp:653:48: error: cannot initialize a
parameter of type 'double *' with an rvalue of type 'int *'
             &FERR_[0], &BERR_[0], &WORK_[0], &IWORK_[0], &INFO_);

(where he complains about &IWORK_[0])

Similarly later I get the error:

Teuchos_SerialDenseSolver.hpp:835:65: error: cannot initialize a
parameter of type 'double *' with an rvalue of type 'int *'
 this->GECON( '1', N_, AF_, LDAF_, ANORM_, &RCOND_, &WORK_[0],
&IWORK_[0], &INFO_);

Is this a bug, is this an error somewhere on my installation or is
this not yet implemented?

If this is not yet implemented, can you give me some hints how to
implement it (I will send you the implementation if I succeed). I
assume that it should be possible because lapack supports complex
numbers. I am not very familiar to the specifics of lapack though,  I
always think lapack is too cryptic.

Thanks,
Holger Brandsmeier

--