[Trilinos-Users] Zoltan repartition question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Oct 14 02:59:47 MDT 2011

Generating a synthetic dataset on two cores, and then running a zoltan partition, I expected that using the 'repartition' option that the data would probably be redistributed in almost the exact same location as it started in.

However the original (left) and repartitioned (right) are divided along a different axis.

Should I expect this behaviour? Can I supply any hints to Zoltan to minimize the transfer of data? (I presume I've missed some flag somewhere)

I use ...
  Zoltan_Set_Param(zz, "LB_APPROACH", "REPARTITION");
  Zoltan_Set_Param(zz, "LB_METHOD",   "RCB");

Thanks

JB

[cid:image001.png at 01CC8A60.1CD2C3D0]

--