[Trilinos-Users] Sundance and Tpetra

Kevin Long kevin.long at ttu.edu
Sun May 15 14:42:17 MDT 2011

Hi Gennady & Chris,

Sundance talks to the rest of Trilinos through Playa. To use TPetra vectors
and operators, it would be a matter of writing a pair of (rather simple)
adapter classes to wrap Tpetra objects in Playa interface. Alternatively, I
could simply write a Playa-Thyra adapter and use Thyra's TPetra adapters.

One question for you, Chris: what is the state of solvers and preconditioners
for use with TPetra? I figure someone has written a TPetra/Belos adapter.
What is the state of tamesos and tifpack? Is there any variant of ML for use
with TPetra? How about NOX? (NOX might not be a worry anyway, as I have a
student implementing nonlinear solvers in Playa).

Kevin

On Sunday 15 May 2011 11:10:01 am Baker, Christopher G. wrote:
> I don't know. Kevin, what does Sundance use, Epetra or Thyra? If it is
> Thyra, then it may be possible to support Tpetra in Sundance.
>
> Chris

Kevin Long
Associate Professor
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX

"The end of fear is the beginning of wisdom"
    -- Bertrand Russell