[Trilinos-Users] Error: "AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after all local elements"

Henian Xia xiahenian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:17:28 MDT 2011

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply. I created A by "A = new
Epetra_CrsMatrix(View, *Map, 3);". It's in a function called solveEqu() as
following. When I call solveEqu() at the first time, it works, but when I
call the function again, it reports that error. The objects "solver", "A",
"x", and "b" are all defined inside the function solveEqu() and are deleted
before returning from the function. So it's very strange that it works at
the first time while doesn't work later. In addition, if I use "Copy" mode,
it works perfectly.

void solveEqu()      {
Epetra_CrsMatrix * A;
   A = new Epetra_CrsMatrix(View, *Map, 3);
    for( i = 0 ; i < NumMyElementsForTRILI ; i++ )
    {
        (*A).InsertGlobalValues( (*A).GRID( i ) , Matrix_ia[ i + 1 ] -
Matrix_ia[ i ] ,
                                 Matrix_a + Matrix_ia[ i ] , Matrix_ja +
Matrix_ia[ i ] );
    }
    (*A).FillComplete();
    AztecOO * solver;
    Epetra_Vector * x = new Epetra_Vector(*Map);
    Epetra_Vector * b = new Epetra_Vector(*Map);
    for( i = 0 ; i < 4 * localNodesNumber ; i ++ ) (*b)[i] = 1;
    solver = new AztecOO(A, x, b);
    (*solver).SetAztecOption(AZ_precond, AZ_Jacobi);
    (*solver).Iterate(1000, 1.0E-8);
   delete solver;
   delete b;
   delete x;