[Trilinos-Users] Scalar Epetra_Maps and Vector Epetra_Maps and linear solves

Mitchell, John A jamitch at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 29 17:41:39 MDT 2011

I need help / guidance on Epetra_BlockMaps, Epetra_FEVbrMatrix and linear solves.

I construct my matrix with an Epetra_BlockMap that has elements of length 3 - I am solving a problem that has 3 degrees of freedom per node.

I use 'BeginInsertGlobalValues' for each row and SubmitBlockEntry(k) where 'k' is a 3x3 block entry ( Epetra_SerialDenseMatrix)  for each column of the row;

I finish the row with EndSubmitEntries()

I finish all rows with FillComplete(rowMap,rowMap) where rowMap is the Epetra_BlockMap that has my owned rows and has elements of length 3.  I used this map to construct my matrix.  I was hoping that this version FillComplete would keep my rowMap as the domainMap and rangeMap but no such luck.

I construct my right hand side vector with 'rowMap'.  It's most logical to compute my rhs based upon the rowMap.  However, the domain and range of the matrix have Epetra_Maps that have element length=1.  These maps are incompatible with my rhs map.

How do I map data from my 'rowMap' to the 'domainMap' of the operator?

Thanks,
John