[Trilinos-Users] problem using amesos

Massimiliano Martinelli massimiliano.martinelli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:56:57 MDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use Amesos (through Stratimikos) in my FE code but I have
a problem.

Using AztecOO to solve the linear system, everything is working well,
but if I use Amesos I obtain the following error message:

'Thyra::CatastrophicSolveFailure'
   what():
/Users/max/Downloads/trilinos-10.6.4-Source/packages/stratimikos/adapters/amesos/src/Thyra_AmesosLinearOpWithSolveFactory.cpp:299:

Throw number = 1

Throw test that evaluated to true: 0!=err

Error, NumericFactorization() on amesos solver of type 'Amesos_Klu'
returned error code -22!
make: *** [run_serial] Abort trap

Looking into Amesos implementation, code -22 means that my matrix is
numerically singular, but I know that my matrix is NOT
singular...(AztecOO give me the correct results)

Have you any any idea why this strange behaviour?

Thank you in advance.

MM

--
Massimiliano Martinelli, PhD.