[Trilinos-Users] Compilation Problem on 64 bit on Windows 7

Fatih Arslan fatih.arslan at inria.fr
Fri Jun 17 07:46:07 MDT 2011

Dear Trilinos contributors,

I was trying to compile Trilions on Windows 7. It was compiled perfectly under 32 bit, whereas I have some compilation errors regarding to thyra and thyraepetra under 64 bit compilation.

The error is coming from packages\teuchos\src\Teuchos_SerializationTraits.hpp...The error is as follows :

error C2825: 'T': must be a class or namespace when followed by '::'
error C2039: 'this_type_is_missing_a_specialization' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'this_type_is_missing_a_specialization'
error C2059: syntax error : ')'
error C3861: 'this_type_is_missing_a_specialization': identifier not found

These errors are all coming from the same part of the code :

template<typename T>
struct UndefinedSerializationTraits {
//! This function should not compile if there is an attempt to instantiate!
static inline T notDefined() {return(T::this_type_is_missing_a_specialization());}
};

Do you have any idea on that?

Thank you

Fatih Arslan