[Trilinos-Users] Deterministic messaging?

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 15 08:30:03 MDT 2011

John,

I thought that bit-wise reproducibility with singe thread-per-process MPI was guaranteed on a homogeneous machine (and is given by the MPI implementation of global reduction operations).  On a heterogeneous machine I am not sure this is true but you will have to talk to the MPI implementation people about this, not Trilinos developers.  As long as MPI race conditions don't exist, I don't think this is a Trilinos problem.

Moving to multi-core (multiple threads, etc.) changes all of this ...

-Ross