[Trilinos-Users] Help building parameter lists: using Stratimikos Parameter list in Piro

Christopher Parmer christopher.parmer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 14:13:56 MDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone with more experience can help me debug this
parameter list that I've spliced together from examples.

As far as I can tell, I've only replaced the Linear Solver Type with
"Amesos" and the corresponding lines from*
 trilinos-10.6.4-Source/packages/stratimikos/example/_amesos.klu.xml*

The xml file is attached as well as the 2 xml files that I'm attempting to
combine.

I'm receiving the error:
*terminate called after throwing an instance of
'Teuchos::Exceptions::InvalidParameterType'*
*  what():  Error, the parameter {name="Solver
Type",type="ParameterList",value="..."}*
*in the parameter (sub)list "Piro
Parameters->NOX->Direction->Newton->Stratimikos Linear
Solver->Stratimikos->Linear Solver Types->Amesos"*
*exists in the list of valid parameters but has the wrong type.*
*
*
*The correct type is "string".*
*