[Trilinos-Users] Error Compiling Trilinos on Ubuntu 11.04

Matt Bockman mdbockma at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 23 16:54:24 MDT 2011

Thanks Nuno,

I set that and now update-alternatives gives:

mdbockman at mdbockman:~/Documents/Research/codes/trilinosTest3/trilinos-10.6.4-Source/build2$
update-alternatives --get-selections | grep mpi
mdrun_mpi                      auto     /usr/bin/mdrun_mpi.openmpi
mpi                            auto     /usr/lib/openmpi/include
mpirun                         auto     /usr/bin/mpirun.openmpi
mpy                            auto     /usr/bin/mpy.openmpi

However, I recompile using the following sequence of commands:

rm -rf CMakeCache.txt && ./trilinos_configure-trilinos-ubuntu.sh && make
clean && make -j4

from the build directory but I still get:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libmpich.a(allreduce.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
against `MPIR_ThreadSingle' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libmpich.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Can't I just download a know good version of mpi (any recommendations?) and
link to that? Additionally, how would I tell cmake which library to use?

Thanks,
Matt