[Trilinos-Users] Error Compiling Trilinos on Ubuntu 11.04

Nuno Sucena Almeida slug at aeminium.org
Fri Jul 22 10:52:43 MDT 2011

On 07/21/2011 11:17 PM, Matt Bockman wrote:
> There are 5 choices for the alternative mpi (providing /usr/include/mpi).
>
>   Selection    Path                          Priority   Status
>   0            /usr/include/mpich2            40        auto mode
>   1            /usr/include/mpich2            40        manual mode
>   2            /usr/lib/mpich-mpd/include     10        manual mode
>   3            /usr/lib/mpich-shmem/include   10        manual mode
>   4            /usr/lib/mpich/include         10        manual mode
>   5            /usr/lib/openmpi/include       40        manual mode
>
> This is after I installed openmpi. However, I don't know how to tell
> cmake/trilinos how to actually use openmpi. I am going to uninstall mpich2
> and see where I can go from there.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Hi Matt,
	the easiest way is to set openmpi as default for the whole system.
With
	update-alternatives --get-selections |grep mpi

I have this:

mdrun_mpi                      auto     /usr/bin/mdrun_mpi.openmpi
mpi                            auto     /usr/lib/openmpi/include
mpirun                         auto     /usr/bin/mpirun.openmpi

You can copy&paste this output to a file selections.list and then run:

cat selections.list | sudo update-alternatives --set-selections

			regards,
				Nuno
--
http://aeminium.org/slug/