[Trilinos-Users] error configuring trilinos

Andrea Penza pepe.aero at alice.it
Sat Jul 16 03:44:20 MDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm an engineering student, starting working on Trilinos for my MSc
Thesis for fluidodynamic/aerodynamic applications.
At the very beginning of my work I'm referring to "The Trilinos CMake
Quickstart" documentation found online. On section C, second step (Basic
Configuration) I have the following problem trying compiling:

Getting information for all enabled TPLs ...

-- Processing enabled TPL: BLAS
--   Searching for library 'blas' ...
--   Searching for library 'blas_win32' ...
-- Warning: Could not find a library in the set "blas blas_win32" for
the TPL BLAS!  Please manually set BLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS and/or
BLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES or just TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES to point to the BLAS
libraries!
CMake Error at cmake/package_arch/TPLDeclareLibraries.cmake:196
(MESSAGE):
  Error, could not find the BLAS Library! Please manually set
  BLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS and/or BLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES or just TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES
  point to the BLAS libraries!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/TPLs/FindTPLBLAS.cmake:3 (TPL_DECLARE_LIBRARIES)
  cmake/package_arch/PackageArchGlobalMacros.cmake:693 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:179 (PACKAGE_ARCH_PROCESS_ENABLED_TPLS)

I'm working on Ubuntu 11.04 (natty).
Could someone give me some suggestions to solve this problem?
I know that maybe this is a quiet simple problem for all users reading
this mail, but I'm approaching Trilinos from few days.
Thanks everybody for the support!
Have a good day,

Andrea