[Trilinos-Users] How to interface LOCA with Anasazi solver

Phipps, Eric T etphipp at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 11 08:46:03 MDT 2011

Currently the Anasazi eigensolver package is only interfaced to LOCA using the Epetra matrix/vector support, not the LAPACK support (which is what ChanContinuation.C uses). In this case you should use the LAPACK eigensolver.  An example is in

Trilinos/packages/nox/examples/lapack/LOCA_Brusselator/BrusselatorContinuation.C

The relevant lines are:

    // Create Eigensolver list using LAPACK eigensolver
    stepperList.set("Compute Eigenvalues",true);
    Teuchos::ParameterList& eigenList = stepperList.sublist("Eigensolver");
    eigenList.set("Method", "DGGEV");     // LAPACK eigensolver
    eigenList.set("NEV", 10);             // Show 10 eigenvalues
    eigenList.set("Sorting Order", "LR"); // Sort by largest real component

and

    // Create LAPACK Factory (necessary for LAPACK eigensolver)
    Teuchos::RCP<LOCA::LAPACK::Factory> lapackFactory =
      Teuchos::rcp(new LOCA::LAPACK::Factory);

    // Create global data object
    Teuchos::RCP<LOCA::GlobalData> globalData =
      LOCA::createGlobalData(paramList, lapackFactory);

-Eric