[Trilinos-Users] [Help] FEM code, Suggestions For new user

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 04:15:52 MST 2011

Hello,
          I have done most of my code development work in FORTRAN.  I would
like to implement a FEM code for simulating a Transistor using drift
diffusion equations as a learning exercise. I am working on some transport
equations which i would like to test later. It would be nice if i can easily
implement different domain dependent equations.

Can you please suggest me which packages i need to install. My understanding
after reading the package information on Trilinos website is to install
sundance.  But i am not sure what else to install. Also, I am confused
between choosing sundance  and DOLFIN (FEniCS).

Thanks
Reddy
Dharmendar Reddy Palle
Graduate Student