[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_FEVbrMatrix data entry issue

Andrea Zonca zonca at deepspace.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 18 14:23:56 MST 2011

hi Alan,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 15:38, Williams, Alan B <william at sandia.gov> wrote:
> The problem is that when you start the loop, the matrix doesn't contain any entries, and so it has an error when you try to sum-into a non-existent entry. If you use BeginInsertGlobalValues on the first iteration of your loop and then use BeginSumIntoGlobalValues on subsequent loop iterations, it should work as you expect.

it works now, I have added an initialization loop that locally creates
the 3x3 zero matrices, then I do the sums with
BeginSumIntoGlobalValues and finally I use globalassemble to start the
communication.

thank you very much,

fixed code added to gist:
https://gist.github.com/830379#file_test_fe_vbrfixed.cpp