[Trilinos-Users] embed a single library inside another project

Perschbacher, Brent M bmpersc at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 16 08:31:22 MST 2011

Hello JB,
  I believe that there is a capability like what you are asking for, but I want to clarify something. You are wanting to just link against the Zoltan library after having built it through Trilinos and not have your cmake build system build Zoltan as well correct? If that is the case then you can use cmake's find_package to pull Zoltan into your build. The documentation for this can be found at http://trilinos.sandia.gov/Finding_Trilinos.txt. Most of that document talks about importing Trilinos into another project, but the system is capable of just pulling in a single package as well. Pretty much you will just want to replace "Trilinos" with "Zoltan" in the cmake calls you make. There is also an example of using this that should be in the 10.6 release in demos/buildAgainstTrilinos. That example does deal only with importing Trilinos as a whole, but again, replacing "Trilinos" with "Zoltan" should be pretty much all you need to get it working.

If you are wanting to build Zoltan through your own build then you are correct that is not really supported, However, I believe the above system could still work for you, but you would have to make a custom cmake target to build Zoltan through the Trilinos build system then use find_package on it.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brent