[Trilinos-Users] Installing pytrilinos to a user-defined directory

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 00:31:19 MST 2011

Hi,

I'm using stow to manage user installed software and would like to
install pytrilinos under /usr/local/stow/trilinos. I'm using approach b)
as documented in

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/Trilinos10CMakeQuickstart.txt

Configure went through fine but it always told me this message
"-- PyTrilinos installation path:
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTrilinos". I tried using
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX or setting

SET(PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX '/usr/local/stow/trilinos' CACHE PATH ""
FORCE)

directly but got the same result.

Here's my MyConfigureOptions.cmake:

<MyConfigureOptions.cmake>
# MyConfigureOptions.cmake
# Enable pytrilinos
SET(Trilinos_ENABLE_PyTrilinos ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE)

# pytrilinos required shared library
SET(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE)

# Enable all packages with python wrapper to be built
SET(Trilinos_ENABLE_ALL_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE)

# Force pytrilinos to install to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX '/usr/local/stow/trilinos' CACHE PATH "" FORCE)
SET(PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX} CACHE PATH "" FORCE)
# Use /usr/local/stow/trilinos
#SET(PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX '/usr/local/stow/trilinos' CACHE PATH ""
FORCE)

# Enable MPI
SET(TPL_ENABLE_MPI ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE)
SET(MPI_BASE_DIR "/usr" CACHE PATH "" FORCE)
</MyConfigureOptions.cmake>

Grateful for any advice.

Regards,
ST