[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Setting NOX parameters when using Rythmos

Roger Pawlowski rppawlo at sandia.gov
Thu Dec 1 14:31:20 MST 2011

Hi Mike,

It turns out that our doxygen generator was missing this file so that is
why it is not in the documentation.  I have updated the file to
correctly catch this and it should start showing up tomorrow in the
development version of the web pages.

The class is defined in the file:

Trilinos/packages/nox/src-thyra/Thyra_NonlinearSolver_NOX.hpp

It derives from a Teuchos ParameterListAcceptor class.  So you can set
all the nox parameters by just setting a parameter list on the solver
object directly.

A simple example of this would be:

     Teuchos::RCP<Thyra::NOXNonlinearSolver> nox_solver =
Teuchos::rcp(new Thyra::NOXNonlinearSolver);
     Teuchos::RCP<Teuchos::ParameterList> nox_params = Teuchos::rcp(new
Teuchos::ParameterList);

<< set nox params here>>

     nox_solver->setParameterList(nox_params);

Roger