[Trilinos-Users] DAE's in Piro

Roger Pawlowski rppawlo at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 29 09:00:17 MDT 2011

Hi Chris,

I believe that the Implicit BDF Stepper in rythmos is a reimplementation
of the IDA stepper.

DAE's are handled by the user.  When you write your model evaluator, you
assemble the nonlinear equations including the mass matrix, so you can
just leave out the terms that do not have a mass matrix contribution.
During an evaluate call, rythmos will provide time derivatives for all
degrees of freedom, but you are not required to use them all to form the
equation set.

Roger